How can a chiropractor correct a subluxation of the spine?

Michael C. Smatt, DC
Chiropractic Medicine
A chiropractor can correct a subluxation of the spine by moving vertebra in the spine that are out of alignment back into place. In this video, chiropractor Michael Smatt, DC, demonstrates how correction of a subluxation of the spine is performed.
A subluxation is corrected with chiropractic adjustments. For example, spinal exercises may be used to reinforce the normal alignment. Also, regular adjustments can remove recurring subluxation. Spinal adjustments restore nerve energy to allow for healing.

Continue Learning about Spine

What is the nucleus pulposus?
The nucleus pulposus is the inner gel material of the disks that separate the bones of the spine. Wa...
Are patients awake during spine surgery?
Fawcett Memorial HospitalFawcett Memorial Hospital
Patients are under general anesthesia during spine surgery.
How Can I Reduce Back Pain from a Slipped Disc?
What is the Benefit of Foam Rolling?
What is the Benefit of Foam Rolling?