Side effects of radiation therapy are different for everybody. For most people, symptoms do not start right away, but may start after several treatments have been done. Common symptoms are tiredness, upset stomach and vomiting, skin irritation, and headache. Hair loss may occur. Children who undergo radiation therapy may experience problems in learning and motor development later on.
- Q Are there alternative treatments for spinal cord tumors?
- Q What is the treatment for spinal cord tumors?
- Q Will my spinal cord tumor recur?
- Q Why should even noncancerous spinal tumors be treated?
- Q How is radiation therapy used to treat spinal cord tumors?
- Q Are spinal cord tumors life-threatening?