Side effects of radiation therapy are different for everybody. For most people, symptoms do not start right away, but may start after several treatments have been done. Common symptoms are tiredness, upset stomach and vomiting, skin irritation, and headache. Hair loss may occur. Children who undergo radiation therapy may experience problems in learning and motor development later on.
- Q Are spinal cord tumors life-threatening?
- Q Are spinal cord tumors different in children and adults?
- Q Will my spinal cord tumor recur?
- Q How is surgery used to treat spinal cord tumors?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor if I think I have a spinal cord tumor?
- Q How do medications treat spinal cord tumors?