What factors affect my chances of recovery from spinal cord tumors?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

The prognosis of spinal cord tumors depends on a few factors. The type and location of the tumor can make it harder to treat. If surgery was successful in removing all of the cancer cells, the outcome is generally better. Whether the spinal cord tumor is primary or secondary can also make a different in prognosis, as cancer that has spread to other parts of the body is generally already at a more advanced stage.

Continue Learning about Spinal Cord Tumors

Should I talk to my doctor if I think I have a spinal cord tumor?
General back pain does not usually mean you have a spinal cord tumor, but you may want to see your d...
What is the rate of incidence of spinal cord tumors?
Spinal cord tumors are rather rare. Fewer than 10 in 100,000 people are diagnosed with brain or spin...
What are spinal tumors?
Luke Macyszyn, MDLuke Macyszyn, MD
Spinal tumors can originate from another part of the body (metastasis), may form from the lining of ...
How do other illnesses affect spinal cord tumors?
How spinal cord tumors are treated and managed depends on whether there is cancer in other parts of ...