How do I manage the symptoms of spinal cord tumors on a daily basis?

The best thing you can do to manage your spinal cord tumor is to follow the treatment plan you and your doctor have chosen. To deal with the symptoms of a spinal cord tumor, you might receive corticosteroid shots to help reduce swelling and pain. Your doctor may also prescribe physical therapy to help you regain strength and the ability to do your normal daily activities.

Continue Learning about Spinal Cord Tumors

Will my spinal cord tumor recur?
Spinal cord tumors can come back (recur) after they have been treated. They can come back in the spi...
Are spinal cord tumors life-threatening?
Luke Macyszyn, MDLuke Macyszyn, MD
Whether a spinal cord tumor is life threatening depends on the type of tumor and location. A benign ...
What are spinal tumors?
Luke Macyszyn, MDLuke Macyszyn, MD
Spinal tumors can originate from another part of the body (metastasis), may form from the lining of ...
How quickly do spinal cord tumors grow?
Luke Macyszyn, MDLuke Macyszyn, MD
The growth of spinal cord tumors varies significantly depending on the type of tumor. Benign tumors ...