How do other illnesses affect spinal cord tumors?

How spinal cord tumors are treated and managed depends on whether there is cancer in other parts of the body and how advanced that cancer is. Your spinal cord tumor may be treated differently depending on whether it is primary and secondary. These factors will help determine your course of treatment as well.

Continue Learning about Spinal Cord Tumors

How quickly do spinal cord tumors grow?
Luke Macyszyn, MDLuke Macyszyn, MD
The growth of spinal cord tumors varies significantly depending on the type of tumor. Benign tumors ...
What is the rate of incidence of spinal cord tumors?
Spinal cord tumors are rather rare. Fewer than 10 in 100,000 people are diagnosed with brain or spin...
Are spinal cord tumors life-threatening?
Luke Macyszyn, MDLuke Macyszyn, MD
Whether a spinal cord tumor is life threatening depends on the type of tumor and location. A benign ...
Should I talk to my doctor if I think I have a spinal cord tumor?
General back pain does not usually mean you have a spinal cord tumor, but you may want to see your d...