Are there alternative treatments for spinal cord tumors?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

There are no alternative treatments for spinal cord tumors. But there is a proposed treatment, stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), which is still being researched. This treatment is a computerized method of delivering radiation in a targeted manner. SRS has been used effectively to treat brain tumors, and the hope is that it will also work well for spinal cord tumors.

Continue Learning about Spinal Cord Tumors

Is there a cure for spinal cord tumors?
The outcome of spinal cord tumor treatment depends on the type of tumor and how early the tumor is c...
Will my spinal cord tumor recur?
Spinal cord tumors can come back (recur) after they have been treated. They can come back in the spi...
What are spinal tumors?
Luke Macyszyn, MDLuke Macyszyn, MD
Spinal tumors can originate from another part of the body (metastasis), may form from the lining of ...
What factors affect my chances of recovery from spinal cord tumors?
The prognosis of spinal cord tumors depends on a few factors. The type and location of the tumor can...