Are there alternative treatments for spinal cord tumors?

There are no alternative treatments for spinal cord tumors. But there is a proposed treatment, stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), which is still being researched. This treatment is a computerized method of delivering radiation in a targeted manner. SRS has been used effectively to treat brain tumors, and the hope is that it will also work well for spinal cord tumors.

Continue Learning about Spinal Cord Tumors

Will my spinal cord tumor recur?
Spinal cord tumors can come back (recur) after they have been treated. They can come back in the spi...
Are spinal cord tumors different in children and adults?
Spinal cord tumors are different in children than in adults, primarily in how they should be treated...
What factors affect my chances of recovery from spinal cord tumors?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The prognosis of spinal cord tumors depends on a few factors. The type and location of the tumor can...
Are spinal cord tumors life-threatening?
Luke Macyszyn, MDLuke Macyszyn, MD
Whether a spinal cord tumor is life threatening depends on the type of tumor and location. A benign ...