Who will be on my healthcare team if I have a spinal cord injury?

A healthcare team responsible for helping those with spinal cord injuries includes doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, and occupational therapists. Nurses will help you keep from breaking your skin or getting sore. Physiotherapists show you exercises to stop your muscles from tightening. Occupational therapists give you tips on how to do everyday things more easily, like taking a shower, changing clothes, or getting out of bed. They also show you how to use a wheelchair and how to change your environment, like adding ramps at home and at school. Social workers are also there for you to talk to.

Continue Learning about Spinal Cord Injuries

Who Controls the Exso Exoskeleton?
Who Controls the Exso Exoskeleton?
What Would an Exoskeleton Mean for Someone Who Is Paralyzed?
Walking Again with the Help of an Exoskeleton
How Does the Ekso Exoskeleton Work?
How Does the Ekso Exoskeleton Work?