Where can I get support for my spinal cord injury outside the hospital?

You can get support for your spinal cord injury outside the hospital from your healthcare team as well as outside agencies. Your healthcare team includes social workers, who you can talk to about your injury. Occupational therapists give you tips on how to do everyday things more easily, like taking a shower, changing clothes, or getting out of bed. They also show you how to use a wheelchair and how to change your environment, like adding ramps at home and at school. There are also agencies who do work to educate other people about spinal cord injuries. They aim to make people more aware of the challenges you face. With their help, you can take control of your life and be independent.

Continue Learning about Spinal Cord Injuries

Why is it necessary to quit smoking before spine surgery?
Dr. Hooman M. Melamed, MDDr. Hooman M. Melamed, MD
It is of paramount importance to quit smoking before any surgery, especially spine surgery. There ar...
What are the different types of spinal cord injuries?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
There are different types of spinal cord injuries. The types of problems that occur depend on which ...
What Would an Exoskeleton Mean for Someone Who Is Paralyzed?
Who Controls the Exso Exoskeleton?
Who Controls the Exso Exoskeleton?