What is a spinal cord injury?

A spinal cord injury damages the spinal cord, so that the nerves can no longer carry messages, and communication between the brain and the body is not connected like it normally is. This can cause a lot of problems, from loss of feeling to trouble with going to the bathroom.

Continue Learning about Spinal Cord Injuries

Who will be on my healthcare team if I have a spinal cord injury?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
A healthcare team responsible for helping those with spinal cord injuries includes doctors, nurses, ...
What are possible complications after spine surgery?
Los Robles Regional Medical CenterLos Robles Regional Medical Center
Although postoperative complications after spine surgery are a rare occurrence, experts believe that...
When would surgery be considered to treat spinal injuries?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Surgery is more likely to be considered to treat spinal injury if the spinal injury threatens to com...
How Will We Use Exoskeleton Technology in the Future?