Who is most at risk for partial spinal cord injuries?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Men are at the most risk for partial spinal cord injuries. Men suffer four out of every five spinal cord injuries. This may be in part because of risky behaviors that are more associated with men than women, such as playing contact sports or using firearms, both of which increase the chances of these types of injuries occurring.

Continue Learning about Spinal Cord Injuries

Should I seek a second opinion before going for spine surgery?
Dr. David A. Hanscom, MDDr. David A. Hanscom, MD
Right now there is an "epidemic" of spine surgery. I feel that well over half of spine surgeries sho...
How does a spinal cord injury affect the rest of the body?
People who survive a spinal cord injury will most likely have medical complications such as chronic ...
How Will We Use Exoskeleton Technology in the Future?
Who Controls the Exso Exoskeleton?
Who Controls the Exso Exoskeleton?