How can my healthcare team help with my spinal cord injury?

You should have your own healthcare team to help with your spinal cord injury. It's important to tell them about any problems you're having. They're there to help you cope with your injury and to teach you ways of taking care of yourself. Your team will give you medicines if you have pain, and offer treatments to help with sweating, headaches, and feeling faint. Your team will also advise you on your diet so you stay as healthy as possible, and they'll give you tips for when you get too hot or too cold.

Continue Learning about Spinal Cord Injuries

What is minimally invasive spine surgery?
Dr. Stephen Q. Parker, MDDr. Stephen Q. Parker, MD
The minimally invasive spinal surgery has to do with minimally invasive techniques being used to per...
What is cervical myelopathy?
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical CenterPresbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
Cervical myelopathy is when the spinal cord in your neck is compressed, which can lead to neurologic...
Walking Again with the Help of an Exoskeleton
Who Controls the Exso Exoskeleton?
Who Controls the Exso Exoskeleton?