Are there alternative treatments for partial spinal cord injuries?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

There are a number of experimental treatments now being used for partial spinal cord injuries. One such treatment involves quickly cooling the spine in order to reduce swelling. Other treatments attempt to regenerate nerves in the spine through the use of drugs or injections of white blood cells.

Continue Learning about Spinal Cord Injuries

What are possible complications after spine surgery?
Los Robles Regional Medical CenterLos Robles Regional Medical Center
Although postoperative complications after spine surgery are a rare occurrence, experts believe that...
Where can I get support for my spinal cord injury outside the hospital?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
You can get support for your spinal cord injury outside the hospital from your healthcare team as we...
What are symptoms of a spinal cord injury?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Symptoms of a spinal cord injury depend on what part of the spinal cord is damaged. If the spinal co...
When would surgery be considered to treat spinal injuries?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Surgery is more likely to be considered to treat spinal injury if the spinal injury threatens to com...