How can I get my child with spina bifida involved in his own medical care?

As people with spina bifida mature, they will perform more and more activities themselves. They might begin to make their own doctor appointments, or write down questions for visits to specialists. Watch 11-year-old Joshua talk about how he takes part in his own medical care.

Continue Learning about Spina Bifida

How can my family prepare for a child with spina bifida?
Spina bifida affects the entire family. Meeting the complex needs of a person affected by spina bifi...
What is open spina bifida?
Open spina bifida is the less common version of the birth defect spina bifida, also known as cleft s...
How can my child with spina bifida who uses a wheelchair be more active?
Regular physical activity is important for all children, but especially for those with conditions th...
What is spina bifida?
Spina bifida, meaning "cleft spine," is a birth defect that occurs when the neural tube does not clo...