What kind of exercise is safe if I have spina bifida?

If you have spinal bifida and want to start an exercise program first consult with your physician or medical professional on what type of exercise is appropriate for you or if you can even start an exercise program.

Continue Learning about Spina Bifida

How can my family prepare for a child with spina bifida?
Spina bifida affects the entire family. Meeting the complex needs of a person affected by spina bifi...
If my first child has spina bifida, how do I prevent it in my next baby?
Dr. Diana K. Blythe, MDDr. Diana K. Blythe, MD
In order to better your chances of preventing spina bifida in a second child, make sure to take your...
How can I get my child with spina bifida involved in his own medical care?
As people with spina bifida mature, they will perform more and more activities themselves. They migh...
How can my child with spina bifida who uses a wheelchair be more active?
Regular physical activity is important for all children, but especially for those with conditions th...