Will cutting gluten out of my diet make me healthier?

Cutting gluten out of your diet is not necessary for health if you do not have celiac disease, or a sensitivity to gluten. If you have celiac disease avoiding gluten is necessary and will make you healthier. In many cases people who do not have celiac disease but stop eating gluten report improved health and many times it is due to replacing those foods with healthier options. If you are concerned about celiac disease make sure you talk with your healthcare provider.

Continue Learning about Special Diets

What is a renal failure diet?
Cathy SilvaCathy Silva
A renal failure diet is actually a misnomer. It is true that people who have renal failure have to c...
How should I plan my diet if I'm using the glycemic index (GI)?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
The following are things to consider when using the glycemic index (GI):The GI value represents th...
Can I take medications or supplements while on the FODMAP elimination diet?
Patsy CatsosPatsy Catsos
If you take any medications or use any other treatments for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), do not c...
What is a good herbal cleansing plan?
dotFITdotFIT
While we don't necessarily recommend "cleansing" because it's more marketing than science, if you ch...