What kinds of starches can I have on a renal failure diet?

Cathy Silva

The type of fat that is recommended on a renal failure diet is heart healthy fat like canola and olive oil. Other fats are allowed: butter, cream cheese, margarine, mayonnaise, nondairy creamer, salad dressing, sour cream and vegetable oils. Butter is on the list of allowed fats because it does not have an effect on the level of potassium or phosphorus in your blood. Thus the recommendations for fat are the same as for the general population.

Continue Learning about Special Diets

The Truth About Radon Testing and Fad Diets
Q: What is radon? We’re looking to buy a house and hear I should know about it. — Jeremy K., Minneapolis, MN A: You heard right, Jeremy. Radon is a n...
How can vegetarians and vegans follow the FODMAP elimination diet?
Patsy CatsosPatsy Catsos
The FODMAPS elimination diet is based on limiting "FODMAPS" in the diet. FODMAPS stands for Fermenta...
What is an anti-inflammatory diet?
Vandana  R. ShethVandana R. Sheth
While there are different versions of an anti-inflammatory diet, here are a few key guidelines:Eat p...
How Do I Treat Gas and Bloating If I Have Irritable Bowel Syndrome?