What kinds of starches can I have on a renal failure diet?

Cathy Silva

The type of fat that is recommended on a renal failure diet is heart healthy fat like canola and olive oil. Other fats are allowed: butter, cream cheese, margarine, mayonnaise, nondairy creamer, salad dressing, sour cream and vegetable oils. Butter is on the list of allowed fats because it does not have an effect on the level of potassium or phosphorus in your blood. Thus the recommendations for fat are the same as for the general population.

Continue Learning about Special Diets

Flex Your Flexitarian Muscles
Flex Your Flexitarian Muscles
Worldwide, vegetarians overwhelmingly outnumber meat-eaters! According to a study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, around 4 billion folk...
How can a gluten-free diet help me lose weight?
Amy JonesAmy Jones
It depends very much on the reason you are choosing to follow the gluten-free diet. Are you diagnose...
What salads can I order when eating out and on a kidney diet?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Eating salads and selecting from salad bars is possible once you understand your kidney diet. In fac...
How Effective Is the HCG Diet for Weight Loss?