Lean beef, chicken, eggs and fish can be eaten by someone with renal failure. Pre-dialysis the amount needs to be limited. When choosing meat, avoid processed meats that are high in sodium and enhanced meats products. Enhanced meats have a phosphorus additive that is 100% absorbable by the body. As kidney failure progresses, the body cannot rid itself of excess phosphorus. High phosphorus levels cause calcification in the body.
- Q What are the possible benefits of a wheat-free diet?
- Q What should I know before I try a corn free diet?
- Q What are the possible benefits of the blood type diet?
- Q Why can I sometimes eat FODMAPs foods without experiencing IBS symptoms?
- Q Why do FODMAPs cause irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) symptoms?
- Q What is the Feingold diet?