Lean beef, chicken, eggs and fish can be eaten by someone with renal failure. Pre-dialysis the amount needs to be limited. When choosing meat, avoid processed meats that are high in sodium and enhanced meats products. Enhanced meats have a phosphorus additive that is 100% absorbable by the body. As kidney failure progresses, the body cannot rid itself of excess phosphorus. High phosphorus levels cause calcification in the body.
- Q What should I know before I try a soy-free diet?
- Q What should I do when I arrive at a restaurant if I'm on a special diet?
- Q What is the blood type diet?
- Q What are the health benefits of a living food diet?
- Q What side dishes can I order when eating out and on a kidney diet?
- Q What is a soft diet?