Lean beef, chicken, eggs and fish can be eaten by someone with renal failure. Pre-dialysis the amount needs to be limited. When choosing meat, avoid processed meats that are high in sodium and enhanced meats products. Enhanced meats have a phosphorus additive that is 100% absorbable by the body. As kidney failure progresses, the body cannot rid itself of excess phosphorus. High phosphorus levels cause calcification in the body.
- Q What should I know before I try the blood type diet?
- Q What can I eat at an Asian restaurant if I'm on a kidney diet?
- Q How should I eat after a FODMAP diet challenge?
- Q What are clear liquids?
- Q What can I eat at a fast-food restaurant if I'm on a kidney diet?
- Q What medical conditions affect the FODMAP elimination diet?