Lean beef, chicken, eggs and fish can be eaten by someone with renal failure. Pre-dialysis the amount needs to be limited. When choosing meat, avoid processed meats that are high in sodium and enhanced meats products. Enhanced meats have a phosphorus additive that is 100% absorbable by the body. As kidney failure progresses, the body cannot rid itself of excess phosphorus. High phosphorus levels cause calcification in the body.
- Q How should I eat after a FODMAP diet challenge?
- Q What desserts can I order when eating out and on a kidney diet?
- Q What are the possible benefits of an anti-inflammatory diet?
- Q What drugs affect the FODMAP elimination diet?
- Q Can the acid/alkaline diet be maintained long term?
- Q What fruit can I eat on the FODMAP elimination diet?