Lean beef, chicken, eggs and fish can be eaten by someone with renal failure. Pre-dialysis the amount needs to be limited. When choosing meat, avoid processed meats that are high in sodium and enhanced meats products. Enhanced meats have a phosphorus additive that is 100% absorbable by the body. As kidney failure progresses, the body cannot rid itself of excess phosphorus. High phosphorus levels cause calcification in the body.
- Q What is the raw food diet?
- Q How can I remember to take my phosphate binders when away from home?
- Q What is an anti-inflammatory diet?
- Q What is a food combining diet?
- Q Do I need to plan ahead if I want to eat out and am on a special diet?
- Q What are the possible benefits of a corn free diet?