An anti-inflammatory diet should consist primarily of whole foods with an emphasis on plant-based foods including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds. Healthy fats from olive oil, avocado, nuts, seeds, as well as omega-3 from fatty fish, walnuts and flax seed are also important. Getting enough dietary fiber is also important and should be gotten from many of the whole foods already mentioned, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds.
- Q What desserts can I order when eating out and on a kidney diet?
- Q What are the possible benefits of the Ornish diet?
- Q What are the risks of being on a renal failure diet?
- Q What should I know before I try a low purine diet?
- Q What is a diabetic diet?
- Q What is a low-purine diet?