An anti-inflammatory diet should consist primarily of whole foods with an emphasis on plant-based foods including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds. Healthy fats from olive oil, avocado, nuts, seeds, as well as omega-3 from fatty fish, walnuts and flax seed are also important. Getting enough dietary fiber is also important and should be gotten from many of the whole foods already mentioned, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds.
- Q What is a corn-free diet?
- Q What are the possible benefits of an anti-inflammatory diet?
- Q What should I know before I try the acai berry diet?
- Q Is there a good diet to enhance strength and endurance?
- Q What should I know before I try a soy-free diet?
- Q What desserts can I order when eating out and on a kidney diet?