An anti-inflammatory diet should consist primarily of whole foods with an emphasis on plant-based foods including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds. Healthy fats from olive oil, avocado, nuts, seeds, as well as omega-3 from fatty fish, walnuts and flax seed are also important. Getting enough dietary fiber is also important and should be gotten from many of the whole foods already mentioned, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds.
- Q Why should I avoid eating a large amount of beans on a FODMAP challenge?
- Q What can I eat at an Asian restaurant if I'm on a kidney diet?
- Q What are the benefits of part-time diets?
- Q What soups and protein foods can I eat while following a soft diet?
- Q What kind of fruits are part of a renal failure diet?
- Q What is the Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC) diet?