An anti-inflammatory diet should consist primarily of whole foods with an emphasis on plant-based foods including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds. Healthy fats from olive oil, avocado, nuts, seeds, as well as omega-3 from fatty fish, walnuts and flax seed are also important. Getting enough dietary fiber is also important and should be gotten from many of the whole foods already mentioned, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds.
- Q What foods should I avoid while on an anti-inflammatory diet?
- Q What should I know before I try the acai berry diet?
- Q What are the possible benefits of the maple syrup diet?
- Q How can I start eating a low-sodium diet?
- Q Can I take medications or supplements while on the FODMAP elimination diet?
- Q What proteins should I include in an anti-inflammatory diet?