An anti-inflammatory diet should consist primarily of whole foods with an emphasis on plant-based foods including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds. Healthy fats from olive oil, avocado, nuts, seeds, as well as omega-3 from fatty fish, walnuts and flax seed are also important. Getting enough dietary fiber is also important and should be gotten from many of the whole foods already mentioned, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds.
- Q What should I know before I try the blood type diet?
- Q How can I start eating a low-sodium diet?
- Q What can I eat for breakfast when eating out and on a kidney diet?
- Q What appetizers can I order when eating out and on a kidney diet?
- Q Do I need to plan ahead if I want to eat out and am on a special diet?
- Q Why can I sometimes eat FODMAPs foods without experiencing IBS symptoms?