An anti-inflammatory diet should consist primarily of whole foods with an emphasis on plant-based foods including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds. Healthy fats from olive oil, avocado, nuts, seeds, as well as omega-3 from fatty fish, walnuts and flax seed are also important. Getting enough dietary fiber is also important and should be gotten from many of the whole foods already mentioned, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds.
- Q How do I follow an alkaline diet?
- Q What should I know before I try the maple syrup diet?
- Q What should I know before I try a low allergen diet?
- Q How effective is the HCG diet for weight loss?
- Q Can I eat out if I’m on a special diet?
- Q Do I need to plan ahead if I want to eat out and am on a special diet?