Is taking the Gerson diet a good option for weight loss?

It can certainly lead to weight loss because it’s basically a low-calorie diet disguised by marketing. It is highly restrictive in what you can and cannot eat. Organically grown food is more expensive and has the same basic nutritional value as non-organic. If the diet’s food costs are acceptable, you find the specific foods allowed palatable, not too restrictive and you feel better, then it may be a good option for you.

Continue Learning about Special Diets

Vegan Diet Deficiencies
Vegan Diet Deficiencies
When two-time Grammy winner Jason Mraz sings I Won’t Give Up, he might be crooning about his steadfast commitment to a vegan lifestyle. He grows flats...
What side dishes can I order when eating out and on a kidney diet?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
If you're on a kidney diet and eating out, the type of side dish you should order depends on the amo...
Why do FODMAPs cause irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) symptoms?
Patsy CatsosPatsy Catsos
FODMAPS stands for Fermentable Oligo-, Di- and Mono-saccharides And Polyols. Specifically, some of t...
How Is Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treated?