How do I do a cleansing detox?

How do I do a cleansing detox?

Kathy Freston, author of The Quantum Wellness Cleanse, suggests doing a "cleanse" once or twice a year to detox the body.

Here's how: Eliminate caffeine, alcohol, gluten, animal products, and sugar from your diet for three weeks. During that time, eat healthy foods. Freston highly recommends foods associated with the Mediterranean diet, an eating lifestyle praised for its ties to heart health and longevity. Some Mediterranean-diet staples include walnuts, chickpeas and other legumes, vitamin-rich leafy greens like kale, heart-healthy olive oil, and fresh fruit, which is packed with phytonutrients. 

Freston's detox plan may seem challenging, but you'll be rewarded with amazing energy and probably shed a few pounds to boot.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Continue Learning about Special Diets

Special Diets

Special Diets

Looking for a gluten-free diet plan? What about a detox diet? Perhaps you are lactose intolerant and need to have special diet recipes? Any time you make changes in your eating habits with a specific goal, you're on a special diet...

. Meal planning is especially important for these types of special diets. You need to be prepared for unexpected occasions, travel and sickness. Get the facts on these special diet plans and recipes to ensure you have success in making changes to your eating habits.