How do I start following a vegan diet?

Vandana  R. Sheth

Education is the key to success. Consider meeting with a registered dietitian specializing in vegetarian diets to help you get started. Invest in some good vegetarian cookbooks to get ideas. You can either start by replacing plant based proteins at some meals/week and then gradually easing into a completely vegan diet or do it all at once.

Continue Learning about Special Diets

What fruit can I eat on the FODMAP elimination diet?
Patsy CatsosPatsy Catsos
The FODMAPS elimination diet is based on limiting "FODMAPS" in the diet. FODMAPS stands for Fermenta...
How can an elimination diet help reduce pain?
Howard S. SmithHoward S. Smith
There is increasing proof that an elimination diet is most helpful in isolating and identifying pain...
Can I eat out if I’m on a special diet?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Dining out can be enjoyable even when you must follow a special diet. You simply need to choose your...
How does a low salt diet affect sense of taste?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
When you get rid of the salt habit, your food may taste bland for a few weeks, but you will find tha...