How can I do a detox cleanse?

Brooke Alpert, MS, RD
To do a detox cleanse, take 3-5 days to remove the main offenders from your diet, to help flush out your digestive system. In this video, I will share some tips and food suggestions for an effective detox cleanse. 

It's easy to be overwhelmed by the idea of a detox cleanse. In this video, Dr. Oz talks through the steps with Mark Hyman, MD, and Julieanna Hever, MS, and even provides a shopping list.

Continue Learning about Special Diets

Boost Your Brain Health: The MIND Diet
Boost Your Brain Health: The MIND Diet
Craig Breslow, dubbed “the smartest man in baseball,” pitched for seven MLB teams, including the Cleveland Indians in 2008. That was after he attended...
What is an anti-inflammatory diet?
Vandana  R. ShethVandana R. Sheth
While there are different versions of an anti-inflammatory diet, here are a few key guidelines:Eat p...
Is the FODMAP elimination diet for weight loss?
William Dierenfeldt, MDWilliam Dierenfeldt, MD
No, the FODMAP elimination diet is not meant for weight loss. Research studies have shown that li...
How Do I Treat Gas and Bloating If I Have Irritable Bowel Syndrome?