Does the cleansing diet work?

Jennifer Shaw
Usually any effects you see come from what was removed, such as high fat or high sodium options, and on an overall reduction in calories, and not from any actual "cleansing" that's going on. The body has plenty of systems in place to naturally get rid of toxins, so there's nothing you need to do yourself to detox yourself. Many cleansing programs out there can actually end up causing nutrient deficiencies if they're followed for an extended period of time since they can be so restrictive. You can get the same effects by trying to eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins, and by cutting down on processed foods high in fat, sodium, and sugar. 
Rebekah Pizana
Yes it does, but only if you stick to the diet. It may work for short-term weight loss, but it is best used to jumpstart a lifestyle change. I had severe anemia last year, due to little B-12 and iron in my diet through my college years. I didn't need to lose weight, but I was encouraged by my doctor to do a cleanse and change my diet. The cleanse prepared my body for the dietary changes and I felt revitalized. I now do a cleanse at least once a month. I either order cleanse products from www.isagenix.com (my profile is rmpizana.isagenix.com) or, I will do the lemon juice and cayenne cleanse over a weekend if I don't have much time to think about it.

Continue Learning about Special Diets

Vegan Diet Deficiencies
Vegan Diet Deficiencies
When two-time Grammy winner Jason Mraz sings I Won’t Give Up, he might be crooning about his steadfast commitment to a vegan lifestyle. He grows flats...
Should I eat a European diet?
Nutritionists often recommend certain European dietary customs to people who are looking to impr...
Can the acid/alkaline diet be maintained long term?
dotFITdotFIT
From a health standpoint, if you are getting all your necessary nutrients from the allowed foods and...
How Effective Is the HCG Diet for Weight Loss?