Do I need to plan ahead if I want to eat out and am on a special diet?

Always try to follow your diet as closely as possible. Plan ahead. Ask your dietitian for advice before you attend a special social function where food will be served.

When dining out, the choice of the restaurant is critical. You may want to look up the menu online before you go or phone ahead to ask some questions about the menu. Restaurants that serve a wide variety of foods make eating out easier.

Continue Learning about Special Diets

A Vegetarian Diet’s Hidden Gifts and Super Traps
If you think switching to a no-meat diet will take pounds off quicker than Gypsy Rose Lee shed her costume (about which she said -- “I wasn’t naked, I...
What medical conditions affect the FODMAP elimination diet?
Patsy CatsosPatsy Catsos
The FODMAPS elimination diet is based on limiting "FODMAPS" in the diet. FODMAPS stands for Fermenta...
What are clear liquids?
Deborah Raines, MSNDeborah Raines, MSN
Clear liquids are edible substances that are liquid at room temperature and the liquid is transparen...
Do Probiotics Have Any Side Effects?
Do Probiotics Have Any Side Effects?