Do I need to plan ahead if I want to eat out and am on a special diet?

Always try to follow your diet as closely as possible. Plan ahead. Ask your dietitian for advice before you attend a special social function where food will be served.

When dining out, the choice of the restaurant is critical. You may want to look up the menu online before you go or phone ahead to ask some questions about the menu. Restaurants that serve a wide variety of foods make eating out easier.

Continue Learning about Special Diets

Designing a Healthy Gluten-Free Diet
Designing a Healthy Gluten-Free Diet
Amazon.com lists more than 15,000 entries for books on going gluten-free (GF). Clearly GF is a major dietary trend. But before you switch to a GF diet...
What should I know before I try a low salt diet?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
Our bodies do need a small amount of salt but we tend to overdo it. Eating too much salt can affect ...
What can I eat for breakfast when eating out and on a kidney diet?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Breakfast may be one of the easiest meals to eat out if you're on a kidney diet. Most restaurants of...
Are Probiotics a New Treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome?