How do I know if a food contains soy?

Labels on foods must indicate if the food has soy in it. However, you still need to know how to read labels. Check each food's ingredient label for soy products. Look for the following words that mean "soy": soy, soya, soybean, soymilk, tofu, or bean curd. Soy may be hard to identify on some labels. If you are not sure about an ingredient, contact the manufacturer.

Continue Learning about Soy

How much soy should I be getting each day?
Like all foods, you want to consume soy in moderation. One to two servings of whole and fermente...
What foods may contain soy?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Foods that may have hidden soy in them include: baby food, baked goods, cereals, coffee replacements...
Are daily soy protein supplements for women over 40 recommended?
Elizabeth Casparro, MPH,RDElizabeth Casparro, MPH,RD
It depends on what the intention is for the use of soy. If it is to reduce post-menopausal symptoms,...
Can Eating Soy Raise My Risk of Breast Cancer?