Somatic pain refers to pain that occurs in the outer layers of the body, such as the skin and muscles. While cutaneous somatic pain refers to pain in the skin, deep somatic pain refers to pain that a person might feel in muscles or bone. Deep somatic pain can be caused by an injury or an illness.
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my deep somatic pain?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my superficial somatic pain?
- Q What are the symptoms of superficial somatic pain?
- Q Why is superficial somatic pain also called cutaneous pain?
- Q How do I manage my deep somatic pain on a daily basis?
- Q What causes superficial somatic pain?