Somatic pain refers to pain that occurs in the outer layers of the body, such as the skin and muscles. While cutaneous somatic pain refers to pain in the skin, deep somatic pain refers to pain that a person might feel in muscles or bone. Deep somatic pain can be caused by an injury or an illness.
- Q Can superficial somatic pain be prevented?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my deep somatic pain?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my superficial somatic pain?
- Q Does deep somatic pain affect children differently than adults?
- Q How does deep somatic pain affect the body?
- Q Is superficial somatic pain serious?