Somatic pain refers to pain that occurs in the outer layers of the body, such as the skin and muscles. While cutaneous somatic pain refers to pain in the skin, deep somatic pain refers to pain that a person might feel in muscles or bone. Deep somatic pain can be caused by an injury or an illness.
- Q Can a tick bite cause deep somatic pain?
- Q Is deep somatic pain the same thing as visceral pain?
- Q How does superficial somatic pain affect the body?
- Q Does superficial somatic pain affect children differently than adults?
- Q What is superficial somatic pain?
- Q How do other illnesses affect deep somatic pain?