What are the symptoms of superficial somatic pain?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Superficial somatic pain is pain that begins in the skin. Immediately following the injury that causes this type of pain, a sharp sensation may be felt in the affected area. As time passes, that sharp pain is replaced by a pain that is more often described as burning.

Continue Learning about Somatic Pain

Is there a cure for deep somatic pain?
Whether or not deep somatic pain can be cured is dependent upon the cause of it. A lot of deep somat...
How do I manage my deep somatic pain on a daily basis?
Most deep somatic pain can be relieved or reduced using current treatment options. Daily medications...
What is deep somatic pain?
Somatic pain refers to pain that occurs in the outer layers of the body, such as the skin and muscle...
How many people have superficial somatic pain?
There are many causes of superficial somatic pain, and therefore, large numbers of people have it. I...