There are many medications that are used to treat deep somatic pain. Some of these, like aspirin and ibuprofen, are over-the-counter medications. You do not need a prescription to buy them, and they are usually effective for relieving less severe pain. Others, like morphine, are used to treat severe pain, and it is necessary to have a prescription from your doctor to buy them. Most painkillers work by interfering with pain signals going to the brain. Some medications, like ibuprofen, also help relieve pain by reducing the redness and swelling that often comes with an injury.
- Q Can deep somatic pain be prevented?
- Q Why do I feel deep somatic pain when I exercise too much?
- Q What is deep somatic pain?
- Q What are the treatment options for deep somatic pain?
- Q What are the symptoms of deep somatic pain?
- Q How is superficial somatic pain diagnosed?