Should I talk to my doctor about my deep somatic pain?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

When deciding if you should see your doctor about your deep somatic pain, remember that this pain can be caused by many things, including injuries, cancer, and bone diseases. Also, remember that certain conditions, including age and diabetes, sometimes interfere with the ability to feel pain, and therefore might make an injury or illness seem less serious than it actually is. If your pain is new, doesn't go away, or is affecting your day-to-day life, you should probably see your doctor for pain relief and exam.

Continue Learning about Somatic Pain

Can a tick bite cause deep somatic pain?
Ticks can carry many diseases including Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Some of these...
Is there a cure for deep somatic pain?
Whether or not deep somatic pain can be cured is dependent upon the cause of it. A lot of deep somat...
Is there a cure for superficial somatic pain?
Whether or not superficial somatic pain can be cured is dependent upon the cause of it. A lot of sup...
What are the symptoms of deep somatic pain?
The type of pain a person feels is related to what body part is injured or sick. Deep somatic pain i...