Why do I feel deep somatic pain when I exercise too much?

Deep somatic pain after exercise is usually due to the overuse of a muscle, or a group of muscles. Resting of the affected body part may be necessary to give it time to heal. You should see your doctor if the pain is still present after one week or if it worsens.

Continue Learning about Somatic Pain

How is superficial somatic pain diagnosed?
Doctors evaluate superficial somatic pain using a combination of questions, physical examination, an...
How do medications treat deep somatic pain?
There are many medications that are used to treat deep somatic pain. Some of these, like aspirin and...
Is superficial somatic pain serious?
Superficial somatic pain is associated with the skin, and its seriousness depends on the cause of th...
Is there a cure for superficial somatic pain?
Whether or not superficial somatic pain can be cured is dependent upon the cause of it. A lot of sup...