How does deep somatic pain affect the body?

Deep somatic pain must get from the site of an injury or illness to your brain in order for you to react. This is the job of the nervous system. When an injury happens, a structure in your body called a pain receptor is activated, and an electrical message is created. This message is passed from the pain receptor, to nerves in the area of the injury, to the spinal cord, and finally, to the brain. Your brain then senses the pain so you can react.

Continue Learning about Somatic Pain

How many people have deep somatic pain?
There are many causes of deep somatic pain, and therefore, large numbers of people have it. It has b...
Why do I feel deep somatic pain when I exercise too much?
Deep somatic pain after exercise is usually due to the overuse of a muscle, or a group of muscles. R...
Should I talk to my doctor about my deep somatic pain?
When deciding if you should see your doctor about your deep somatic pain, remember that this pain ca...
Can a tick bite cause deep somatic pain?
Ticks can carry many diseases including Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Some of these...