Is there a cure for superficial somatic pain?

Whether or not superficial somatic pain can be cured is dependent upon the cause of it. A lot of superficial somatic pain is due to injuries that have temporary effects. As the injury heals, the pain should also subside. Other causes of superficial somatic pain might be more long term and require further treatment, such as medications (such as ibuprofen, acetaminophen, lidocaine, and capsaicin), stress relief, and regular exercise. Unfortunately, there are some conditions that might result in long-term superficial somatic pain, and treatment will need to continue indefinitely.

Continue Learning about Somatic Pain

Can deep somatic pain be prevented?
Deep somatic pain is often associated with an injury or illness. With this in mind, to prevent pain,...
How do other illnesses affect deep somatic pain?
Deep somatic pain is often the result of other illness, and its intensity can be based on what that ...
What do I need to know about caring for somebody with deep somatic pain?
It is important to remember that living with deep somatic pain is uncomfortable and family and frien...
Why do I feel deep somatic pain when I exercise too much?
Deep somatic pain after exercise is usually due to the overuse of a muscle, or a group of muscles. R...