Should I talk to my doctor about my superficial somatic pain?

If you cannot find the source of your superficial somatic pain, you should talk to your doctor about it. Superficial somatic pain is usually caused by injury or skin problems, but sometimes, as in the case of chronic pain, the source cannot be located. If pain becomes chronic, you can become overly sensitized to pain, so it is important to fix the cause before it gets to this stage.

Continue Learning about Somatic Pain

How is superficial somatic pain diagnosed?
Doctors evaluate superficial somatic pain using a combination of questions, physical examination, an...
Are there alternative treatments for deep somatic pain?
Alternative treatments for deep somatic pain do exist. Two such treatments are acupuncture and magne...
Are there alternative treatments for superficial somatic pain?
Alternative treatments for superficial somatic pain do exist. Two such treatments are acupuncture an...
Is superficial somatic pain serious?
Superficial somatic pain is associated with the skin, and its seriousness depends on the cause of th...