What do I need to know about caring for somebody with deep somatic pain?

It is important to remember that living with deep somatic pain is uncomfortable and family and friends affected may need your help. Depending on the cause of the deep somatic pain, this may include assisting with daily duties, helping with medications, or offering psychological support in times of need. You may also have to help find psychological counseling if signs of depression begin to appear.

Continue Learning about Somatic Pain

Are there alternative treatments for superficial somatic pain?
Alternative treatments for superficial somatic pain do exist. Two such treatments are acupuncture an...
Should I talk to my doctor about my superficial somatic pain?
If you cannot find the source of your superficial somatic pain, you should talk to your doctor about...
How do I manage my deep somatic pain on a daily basis?
Most deep somatic pain can be relieved or reduced using current treatment options. Daily medications...
Does deep somatic pain affect children differently than adults?
Children are sometimes unable to express or describe their pain, and this may make the diagnosis and...