Are there alternative treatments for deep somatic pain?

Alternative treatments for deep somatic pain do exist. Two such treatments are acupuncture and magnet therapy. In acupuncture, small needles are inserted through the skin at specific locations on your body. It has been used to treat many pain related disorders such as carpal tunnel syndrome and fibromyalgia. Magnet therapy is sometimes used for athletic injuries and involves wearing a magnetic band around the wrists or neck. Both acupuncture and magnet therapy were used in ancient Chinese medicine.

Continue Learning about Somatic Pain

What are the symptoms of superficial somatic pain?
Superficial somatic pain is pain that begins in the skin. Immediately following the injury that caus...
Is there a cure for deep somatic pain?
Whether or not deep somatic pain can be cured is dependent upon the cause of it. A lot of deep somat...
What is superficial somatic pain?
Somatic pain refers to pain that occurs in the outer layers of the body, such as the skin and muscle...
How do I manage my deep somatic pain on a daily basis?
Most deep somatic pain can be relieved or reduced using current treatment options. Daily medications...