How can I overcome my salt craving?

To overcome a salt craving, there are a few things you can do -- most importantly, removing processed foods that are high in salt from your diet. In this video, I will share my helpful tips for kicking a salt craving. 
We need salt. But many of us eat double (or more, more, more than double) the recommended amount. It’s everywhere, especially in processed and starchy food. And you’ve seen people who use that salt shaker like a machine gun, raining bullets on their plate. But if bad habits can start early, so can good ones. Don’t you wish you’d never tasted some of the foods you love that you know are bad for you?

There are a million ways to add flavor to food besides using salt. Herbs, spices, vinegar. Look for cookbooks geared toward healthy eating. Experiment. Start cutting back gradually if that’s the only way you’re going to do it.

Can we overcome the way we’re programmed? Yes, and education is the first step.

Continue Learning about Sodium

Why is it so hard to eat less salt?
Eating less sodium, or salt, is a challenge. Foods that otherwise seem healthy may have high leve...
How do I increase sodium levels without affecting my blood pressure?
Neal SpruceNeal Spruce
Sodium is found outside the cells of the body and is important for maintaining blood pressure. It is...
How to Eat Less Salt and Lower Your Stroke Risk
How Much Salt In the Diet Is Too Much?
How Much Salt In the Diet Is Too Much?