Is Himalayan salt better than regular salt?

Vandana  R. Sheth
The sodium content of Himalayan salt is similar to that of regular salt. The trace amounts of minerals found in Himalayan salt do not make it significantly more improved over regular salt. Monitor your intake of salt whether it is from Himalayan or regular salt. Consider using herbs, spices and citrus juices to flavor food instead of salt.

Continue Learning about Sodium

How can I overcome my salt craving?
Dr. Ramani Durvasula, PhDDr. Ramani Durvasula, PhD
To overcome a salt craving, there are a few things you can do -- most importantly, removing processe...
How can reducing salt intake affect my blood pressure?
Reducing sodium in the diet can reduce systolic blood pressure (SBP) by about 1 to 5 mm Hg. The more...
How much sodium should an adult get daily?
Kate MyersonKate Myerson
Most healthy adults need 2300 mg of sodium daily. Most Americans get on average 4000 mg of sodium. T...
Why is it so hard to eat less salt?
Eating less sodium, or salt, is a challenge. Foods that otherwise seem healthy may have high leve...