Are sodium metabolism disorders serious?

Sodium metabolism disorders are not always serious, but in some instances, they can be life-threatening. Sometimes mild to moderate sodium metabolism disorder symptoms can resolve without extensive medical intervention, but seeking a doctor's evaluation is recommended nevertheless. In severe cases, sodium metabolism disorders can lead to seizures, coma, and death.

Continue Learning about Sodium Metabolism Disorders

Should I talk to my doctor about my sodium metabolism disorder?
Sodium metabolism disorders can be severe and even fatal, so if you suspect you or someone you love ...
How are the kidneys involved in sodium metabolism disorders?
Together with several hormones and sensors throughout the body, the kidneys are responsible for regu...
What role does dehydration play in sodium metabolism disorders?
Dehydration can alter the fluid balance of the body, resulting in hypernatremia (a type of sodium me...
How do I manage my sodium metabolism disorder on a daily basis?
Usually, treating the underlying cause of a sodium metabolism disorder will remedy the sodium metabo...