What healthy choices can I make when together with my friends?

Make healthy choices when you get together with your friends. Find fun ways to get physical activity like walking, dancing, gardening, or swimming. When eating out or cooking at home, be sure to include fruits and vegetables and other foods rich in vitamins and minerals. Avoid foods and beverages high in calories, saturated fat or added sugars and salt.

• Be active for at least two and a half hours a week. Children and teens need at least one hour of activity daily.
  • Exercise with friends and get the many benefits of regular physical activity.
  • Maintain a healthy weight. Avoid portion size pitfalls. Split an entrée with a friend.

Continue Learning about Friendship

What are benefits of having friends at work?
When you socialize with coworkers about last night's episode of The Daily Show, it isn't just quick ...
How can friends help me lead a healthy lifestyle?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
Knowing that you have a group of friends, who help you to be a better person and with whom you h...
10 Best Cities for Strong Social Ties
10 Best Cities for Strong Social Ties10 Best Cities for Strong Social Ties10 Best Cities for Strong Social Ties10 Best Cities for Strong Social Ties
Find out which cities have residents with the strongest social networks.
What Happens When a Woman Pressures Her Friend to Eat Unhealthy