What healthy choices can I make when together with my friends?

Make healthy choices when you get together with your friends. Find fun ways to get physical activity like walking, dancing, gardening, or swimming. When eating out or cooking at home, be sure to include fruits and vegetables and other foods rich in vitamins and minerals. Avoid foods and beverages high in calories, saturated fat or added sugars and salt.

• Be active for at least two and a half hours a week. Children and teens need at least one hour of activity daily.
  • Exercise with friends and get the many benefits of regular physical activity.
  • Maintain a healthy weight. Avoid portion size pitfalls. Split an entrée with a friend.

Continue Learning about Friendship

The Health Benefits of Sharing Your Secrets
Healthy Friends Help You Eat Right
Healthy Friends Help You Eat Right