How can I help my girlfriends stay healthy and safe?

Girlfriends can support your efforts, work out with you and call your attention to matters you may be ignoring. Here are some tips to help you and your girlfriends stay healthy and safe.

• Be active and eat healthy. Make healthy choices when you get together with your friends.
  • Get regular exams and screenings. Friends can encourage each other to get their regular health exams and screenings, which can help find problems early, and help to identify which ones to focus your attention for better health.
  • Share tips with your friends on everything from  having a healthy pregnancy to preventing sexually transmitted infections.
  • Give up drugs, alcohol and tobacco. Friends can be important sources of support if you trying to give up smoking or drinking. Resources are also available for people who are trying to quit or cut down on drinking or give up smoking.
  • Prescription drug overdoses are a growing epidemic among women. You and your girlfriends share a lot of things; medications shouldn’t be one of them.

Continue Learning about Friendship

What healthy choices can I make when together with my friends?
Make healthy choices when you get together with your friends. Find fun ways to get physical activity...
Why is having friends so important?
Good friends can be more important to talk to than doctors. In this video, Dr. Oz explains to hi...
10 Best Cities for Strong Social Ties
10 Best Cities for Strong Social Ties10 Best Cities for Strong Social Ties10 Best Cities for Strong Social Ties10 Best Cities for Strong Social Ties
Find out which cities have residents with the strongest social networks.
Your Coworkers Can Help You Quit Smoking