Social anxiety disorders can have profound effects on a person's daily life. Some people with these disorders may be unable to eat with other people, use public restrooms, or assert themselves in social situations. Poor self-esteem and lack of interpersonal skills may also be caused by social anxiety disorders.
- Q Does psychotherapy help treat adjustment disorder?
- Q How common are social anxiety disorders?
- Q What cultural factors can affect how mental disorders are approached?
- Q Can medication help with my adjustment disorder?
- Q What should I know to care for someone who has social anxiety disorders?
- Q Are some veterans more likely to get adjustment disorder than others?