Social anxiety disorders can have profound effects on a person's daily life. Some people with these disorders may be unable to eat with other people, use public restrooms, or assert themselves in social situations. Poor self-esteem and lack of interpersonal skills may also be caused by social anxiety disorders.
- Q Can repetitive or intrusive thoughts signal a mental disorder?
- Q What can I do if I get a song stuck in my head that won’t stop repeating?
- Q What kinds of social anxiety disorder studies are underway?
- Q What should I know to care for someone who has social anxiety disorders?
- Q Does adjustment disorder need treatment, or will it go away on its own?
- Q What are signs that my teen might have a mental health problem?