What hamstring stretch should I do before soccer practice?

An active hamstring flexibility exercise that is perfect for soccer players is foot to hand kicks.  To perform this exercise, start with one arm reaching out in front of your body at shoulder height.  Next, you will kick the opposite foot up towards your extended hand.  As you finish the kick, snap it back down to the ground underneath your hip.  Take a step forward and repeat with the other leg.  While starting to kick be sure to drive the stance leg into the ground.  This will help stabilize your body better and provide more range of motion for the kicking leg.  Be mindful to not round your back as you kick. Perform 8-10 repetitions with each leg or travel for an approximate distance of 10 meters.

Continue Learning about Soccer

How do I avoid shin splints with all the running in soccer?
Paul WinsperPaul Winsper
Shin splints, also know as medial tibial stress syndrome, is an overuse injury thought to be cau...
What protective headgear is available for soccer players?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Headgear available for soccer players is a 1.5- to 2-inch-wide foam headband or a soft helmet. E...
Which style of shin guard should I use for soccer?
Advanced players prefer the hard, plastic shin guard. They’re lightweight and offer better protectio...
What's the best way to cool-down after a soccer match?
Gentle jogging and/or skipping for 10-15 minutes after a match, followed by some static stretchi...