I just started soccer practice, should I be doing any additional training?

Typically, the first month of soccer practice is intense and will demand a lot from you. For training purposes, focus on recovery and maintenance. During practice you will be doing plenty of running, soccer skill work, and conditioning. Additional training outside of practice can lead to overtraining and less productive practices.

Continue Learning about Soccer

What type of shoe should I wear for soccer?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
There are two basic categories of soccer shoes: cleats and turf shoes. Cleats work well on wet, ...
How much of my leg should be covered by a soccer shin guard?
In all competitive soccer leagues, it is a requirement for each player to wear shin guards. Alth...
Should I try to do extra work outside of soccer practice if I am injured?
Be sure to follow the guidance of your doctor and physical therapist if you are injured.  They w...
How do I avoid shin splints with all the running in soccer?
Paul WinsperPaul Winsper
Shin splints, also know as medial tibial stress syndrome, is an overuse injury thought to be cau...