Should soccer players performance train during the season?

Yes. Soccer players should include performance training into the schedule for the season.  Remember performance training takes a different role during the season then during the off-season.  In-season programs are geared toward skill maintenance, keeping you healthy, and expediting recovery.  The volume of work you do in the performance program will decrease as compared to the off-season program.  Performance training during the in-season is meant to supplement your practice work. 

Continue Learning about Soccer

Which style of shin guard should I use for soccer?
Advanced players prefer the hard, plastic shin guard. They’re lightweight and offer better protectio...
As a soccer player, should I do anything prior to going for a jog?
It is important to incorporate a comprehensive warm-up strategy to prevent injury and maximize p...
What type of shoe should I wear for soccer?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
There are two basic categories of soccer shoes: cleats and turf shoes. Cleats work well on wet, ...
Is soccer an aerobic or anaerobic sport?
There have been many debates on how to train soccer players for years. Traditional theorists ins...