Should I do any cross-training outside of my soccer workouts?

Getting involved in different sports and activities during the soccer off-season is always a great avenue to get in a workout.  Cross-training is fun, and can bring some flavor to the off-season training program.  Be smart with what activities you get involved in and avoid high-risk activities during the off-season.  For example, snow skiing is probably not the best choice of activities.  The last thing you want to do is to get injured during the off-season because having to sit out at the beginning of the soccer season is not worth the enjoyment of participating in a high-risk activity.  However, playing in a pick-up basketball game from time to time is a great way to satisfy your competitiveness and work on improving your reaction time.      

Continue Learning about Soccer

What energy systems am I using during soccer practice?
The energy system demands of soccer practices can vary based on the drills that are done and how...
How important is recovery training for soccer players?
Recovery for soccer players is very important because of all the running demands of games and pr...
How much of my leg should be covered by a soccer shin guard?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
In all competitive soccer leagues, it is a requirement for each player to wear shin guards. Alth...
Is soccer an aerobic or anaerobic sport?
There have been many debates on how to train soccer players for years. Traditional theorists ins...