How much should I train during a high school soccer off-season program?

During the off-season of high school soccer, try to participate in 3 to 4 intensive training days and 1 to 2 active recovery days each week.  Also, your off-season training schedule is also dependent on your other activities such as other sports, a club team, and school or work commitments.  Throughout the off-season, you should vary your training volume and schedule recovery weeks to help avoid overtraining and burnout.  Peformance training is designed to aid in your development as a soccer athlete.  When your fully invest your time and engery into an off-season program you are preparing yourself for the upcoming season. 

Continue Learning about Soccer

What energy systems am I using during soccer practice?
The energy system demands of soccer practices can vary based on the drills that are done and how...
How can I recover faster between pre-season soccer practices?
Practices are very intense with very little rest time between during the soccer pre-season.  One...
How important is recovery training for soccer players?
Recovery for soccer players is very important because of all the running demands of games and pr...
Which style of shin guard should I use for soccer?
Advanced players prefer the hard, plastic shin guard. They’re lightweight and offer better protectio...