How much should I train during a high school soccer off-season program?

During the off-season of high school soccer, try to participate in 3 to 4 intensive training days and 1 to 2 active recovery days each week.  Also, your off-season training schedule is also dependent on your other activities such as other sports, a club team, and school or work commitments.  Throughout the off-season, you should vary your training volume and schedule recovery weeks to help avoid overtraining and burnout.  Peformance training is designed to aid in your development as a soccer athlete.  When your fully invest your time and engery into an off-season program you are preparing yourself for the upcoming season. 

Continue Learning about Soccer

What type of shoe should I wear for soccer?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
There are two basic categories of soccer shoes: cleats and turf shoes. Cleats work well on wet, ...
Should I always use a soccer ball when training for soccer?
The first thing to consider is your conditioning (fitness) level. Sprinting is a high-intensity ...
What's the best way to cool-down after a soccer match?
Gentle jogging and/or skipping for 10-15 minutes after a match, followed by some static stretchi...
Should soccer players have their linear speed measured?
Straight ahead speed is a valuable skill for a soccer player to possess, so it is always wise to...