How can I improve my ability to react after landing from a header?

The quicker you can decelerate and stabilize yourself when landing the faster you can move.  First, work on this ability to decelerate and stabalize yourself when landing by performing box jump-downs with stabilization in the frontal, sagittal, and transverse planes.  As you land, quickly stabalize yourself by absorbing the impact of the landing by bending your hips, knees, and ankles.  Your weight should be equal distributed between both legs, so you feel as if you can quickly move in any direction.  It is important to keep your knees over the second and third toes when you land.  Also, it helps to give a strong exhale as your feet connect with the ground.  As your comfort level and form improve, you can add movement to the drill.  After landing on the ground, explosively transition into a sprint.  Remember to stay low when you begin to move and avoid popping up.       

Continue Learning about Soccer