Why am I so hungry late at night?

Marisa Moore

You could be so hungry late at night for several reasons.  

• You may not have eaten enough food or not enough protein to keep you fueled through the day.  
  • If you stay up too late, your body is bound to burn off all of the food you ate earlier that day. If you think you'll be keeping late hours, plan accordingly and space your meals and snacks so that you are properly fueled.  
  • If you typically workout in the evenings, time your workouts so that you have time for a light dinner or snack before bedtime.
The urge to snack late at night happens to everyone. In this video, Dr. Oz reveals the real reason why people feel so hungry late at night.

Continue Learning about Snacking and Weight Loss

Healthy Snacks for Staying Slim
Healthy Snacks for Staying Slim
You can count calories and run marathons to stave off middle-age spread. Or you can simply change what you snack on. In a recent large study, researc...
How can I stop eating junk food late at night?
Lyn TurtonLyn Turton
It's important to ask yourself why you are eating late at night.  Did you miss meals during the day ...
Going Low-Carb? 8 Snacks to Try
Going Low-Carb? 8 Snacks to TryGoing Low-Carb? 8 Snacks to TryGoing Low-Carb? 8 Snacks to TryGoing Low-Carb? 8 Snacks to Try
The right carbohydrates can be part of a healthy diet, but if you choose to forgo them, here are some recipes.
How Can Snacks Help Me Lose Weight?
How Can Snacks Help Me Lose Weight?