How can I snack and still lose weight?

Rose Reisman
One rule I abide by is to eat enough at meals to reduce the urge to snack. A common mistake is to eat too little during meals, then snack whenever there's food. Let's be honest: usually these snacks aren't healthy choices.

Nonetheless, healthy, planned snacking can ward off hunger between meals. Keep the snacks to fruits, vegetables, yogurt, small amounts of cheese or small amounts of nuts. These foods have all the nutritional benefits and will raise your blood sugar slowly so that you'll feel full longer. I call this "power snacking."
Rose Reisman's Secrets for Permanent Weight Loss: With 150 Delicious and Healthy Recipes for Success

For the journey toward healthier living. Losing weight can be a constant and frustrating struggle. Rose Reisman's Permanent Weight Loss Solutions creates a blueprint for lifelong weight control that...

Mindless munching is the downfall of many dieters, but the right snacking decisions can help you lose weight and keep it off. In this video, television personality Rosie O'Donnell shows Dr. Oz the smart substitutions that helped her lose 15 pounds in two months.

Continue Learning about Snacking and Weight Loss

Slim Down with Green Snacks
Slim Down with Green Snacks
Here's a simple way you can start living greener, and get slimmer in the process. Reach for low-carbon-footprint snacks, suggests nutrition expert Ka...
Can eating candy pieces instead of candy bars help me lose weight?
Marjorie Nolan CohnMarjorie Nolan Cohn
No, candy is candy. Depending on how many candy pieces you eat the calories easily add up. If you ne...
Going Low-Carb? 8 Snacks to Try
Going Low-Carb? 8 Snacks to TryGoing Low-Carb? 8 Snacks to TryGoing Low-Carb? 8 Snacks to TryGoing Low-Carb? 8 Snacks to Try
The right carbohydrates can be part of a healthy diet, but if you choose to forgo them, here are some recipes.
How Your Body Burns Calories From Highly-Processed Snacks