How can I snack and still lose weight?

Rose Reisman
One rule I abide by is to eat enough at meals to reduce the urge to snack. A common mistake is to eat too little during meals, then snack whenever there's food. Let's be honest: usually these snacks aren't healthy choices.

Nonetheless, healthy, planned snacking can ward off hunger between meals. Keep the snacks to fruits, vegetables, yogurt, small amounts of cheese or small amounts of nuts. These foods have all the nutritional benefits and will raise your blood sugar slowly so that you'll feel full longer. I call this "power snacking."
Rose Reisman's Secrets for Permanent Weight Loss: With 150 Delicious and Healthy Recipes for Success

For the journey toward healthier living. Losing weight can be a constant and frustrating struggle. Rose Reisman's Permanent Weight Loss Solutions creates a blueprint for lifelong weight control that...

Mindless munching is the downfall of many dieters, but the right snacking decisions can help you lose weight and keep it off. In this video, television personality Rosie O'Donnell shows Dr. Oz the smart substitutions that helped her lose 15 pounds in two months.

Continue Learning about Snacking and Weight Loss

Healthy Snacks for Staying Slim
Healthy Snacks for Staying Slim
You can count calories and run marathons to stave off middle-age spread. Or you can simply change what you snack on. In a recent large study, research...
What are some low-calorie snacks?
Here are some low-calorie snacks, each containing about 100 calories and plenty of nutrition: Co...
Which snacks help prevent weight gain?
Jessica CrandallJessica Crandall
Eating fruits and vegetables are good choices for a low calorie snack to prevent weight gain. Combin...
The Low-Calorie Snacks Nutritionists Love